Pages

Monday 15 August 2011

Masala Prawn

Hi folks,
My Great Grandmother's Masala Prawn is one of my favorite dish. This recipe was passed to my mother and I learned it from her.Well, my mom says my cooking tasted just the same as how my great grandmother used to cook.




The ingredients:

1 Kg of white prawns about 20 to 25  numbers
1 Bombay onion
1 clove garlic
3 cm ginger 
3 cm fresh turmeric
6 dried chili
1 table spoon curry powder
3 tablespoon tamarind juice
1 stalk curry leaves
1 stalk lemon grass
1 cm shrimp paste (belacan)
1/2 cup cooking oil
 2 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste




Garnishing:
Fried shallot
cilantro


Method:


Cleaned the prawn, Blend Bombay onion, garlic, turmeric, ginger and chili together. Heat the pan with cooking oil, fry curry leaves, lemon grass and add the blend items. Fry till the paste is well cooked add a little water and curry powder and add tamarind juice.
Add the prawns into the gravy and cook for 10 minutes or until the prawns juice is dried. served with fried shallot and cilantro leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment